Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fundraisers . .

how I hate thee. Maybe I don't have a reasonable understanding of this having only worked in a classroom and never in an office setting but why in the world must we ALWAYS have AT LEAST 4 fundraisers going on at a time. Yes I want to save the whales, and the ozone, and feed the hungry, and support the homeless shelter, and the SPCA, and the hurricane victims, and so on. But is the answer really hitting up teachers and students everytime someone hears of a cause that needs help? I can't buy any more flowers, candy, pizza, discount cards etc. I am so sick of being asked to support every cause my students are doing. Isn't there a better way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our school used to have a fundraiser that was called something like "No Cookies, No Candy Fundraiser", which just asked people for small checks. I would imagine that it raised more funds for the school then sending out a small army of kids to sell goods for companies.

And I hate when kids ask me for money for this crap. Wrapping paper? Fruit? Geez. Sell something I need, like Kleenex and pencils.